Sunday, August 9, 2009

An Open Letter To Cyndi Lauper & Her Detractors

Yesterday, through no fault of my own, I assure you, I had no choice but to watch a portion of the Today Show.

They were talking about who was going to replace Paula Abdul on American Idol.

Whoever the hell they were talking to seemed to think the frontrunner was Cyndi Lauper.

Please let this not be true.

Cyndi, this is so beneath you.

I mean She Bop is right up there with Georgy Girl and Chantilly Lace as one of the five best pop songs of all time.

Also, everybody please stop being surprised when I say that American Idol is beneath Cyndi Lauper. She was and is the shit.

She belongs up there with Kim Gordon & Debbie Harry and way outstrips the likes of Chrissie Hynde. (That's right, I said it, goddammit.)

And right now, I'm listening to

No comments:

Post a Comment